Re: [Az-Geocaching] For the Caching gods

Author: Brian Cluff
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] For the Caching gods
Scott Sparks wrote:
> This is all I would want, the stats. I noticed yesterday that a cache I
> had previously done was no longer on my stats. After investigating, I
> found out it had been turned into a MOC. I think, if you find a cache
> before it is made a members only cache, you should still get credit for
> it in your stats. After all, we did find them. And we can't very well
> un-find them. If a user chooses to make a pre-existing cache a MOC, he
> or she has every right to do so. The Snaptek site should respect that
> and not make the coordinates available to non-members. But if someone
> finds and logs a cache before it is made a MOC, he or she should have
> the right to have that cache included in their stats.

I totally agree, however I have my hands tied as far as the data I am
given to work with, and it would quickly become a complete nightmare to
try and do it any other way. The only real way is to keep people from
moving their caches from non-member to member. :(
I would think that it would be more appropriate to move a cache to the
members only area by archiving the origional cache and making the
members only cache a new cache.
It certainly do a better job of makeing the cache disappear in the eyes
of the people that don't want them there.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek