Re: [Az-Geocaching] For the Caching gods

Author: Scott Sparks
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] For the Caching gods
Jason wrote:

>one thing we considered is just pulling the cache stats... but not
>actually divulging the cache corrdinates or description... etc....
>
>what do you peoples think...???
>
>jason
>snaptek

This is all I would want, the stats. I noticed yesterday that a cache I
had previously done was no longer on my stats. After investigating, I
found out it had been turned into a MOC. I think, if you find a cache
before it is made a members only cache, you should still get credit for
it in your stats. After all, we did find them. And we can't very well
un-find them. If a user chooses to make a pre-existing cache a MOC, he
or she has every right to do so. The Snaptek site should respect that
and not make the coordinates available to non-members. But if someone
finds and logs a cache before it is made a MOC, he or she should have
the right to have that cache included in their stats.

My $.02

--Sprocket