[Az-Geocaching] GPS receivers allowed on airlines: ++Continental

AZcachemeister azcachemeister at getnet.net
Fri Mar 21 17:49:59 MST 2008

Any receiver can potentially transmit, or re-transmit a signal.
Modern airliners are heavily dependent on properly functioning
electronics, especially at takeoff.
When it comes to the safety of 100+  passengers, a lot of airlines would
rather annoy the occasional GPS user.
The Capitan of the aircraft has the final say on what goes on his
flight, much as the Capitan of a sailing ship. I think they can also
perform marriages, if the flight is long enough! ;-)