[Az-Geocaching] GPS receivers allowed on airlines: ++Continental

Bill Brightman techwbb at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 17:00:59 MST 2008

Does anyone have an idea of the logic behind banning use of GPS units in flight?
  I can see why devices which emit a signal, like a cell phone, could be suspected of possibly interfering with the plane's electronics. But it seems like a GPS would be more along the lines of an MP3 player or something. Just wondering if I'm missing the point here...

  Bill B.

loranwilcox at chartermi.net wrote:
  On my way to Phoenix I was told by the first flight they were not allowed. On the second leg I was told it was OK.

By the way I am still in AZ as My flight home got cancel. I staying tonight down by Town Lake so I'm off to cache.

Team Sand Dollar