[Az-Geocaching] OT - Cell providers

Lisa G. lisasjunk at buppas.com
Mon Nov 13 15:13:23 MST 2006

Creepin' Jeepers - Geocaching 7/01 wrote:

> About the only thing a handset manufacturer can add to "telephone
> performance" of the cell phone is receiver sensitivity--most
> everything else is fixed by specification. So, if you can find a
> comparison of receiver sensitivity that might help--I have heard that
> Sanyo is best but can't confirm. If you find it let me know.

And voice quality (not that that relates to the GPS capabilities, but
I'm assuming you'd want to be able to talk on it, too).  A few years ago
I had an Audiovox; I could hear the other party better if we just yelled
at each other across town. ;)  They may be better now, but I haven't
been brave enough to try them again to find out.

-Lisa