[Az-Geocaching] New look at GC.com

Brian Casteel bcasteel at uccinc.net
Tue Oct 18 14:50:13 MST 2005

I agree Gale.  I appreciate being mentioned regarding the CITO cleanups, and
it's the truth.  The opportunity was presented via azgeocaching.com, because
I knew that many AZ cachers didn't spend time on the forums and could have
easily missed a thread there due to the sheer number of posts/threads and
how many levels down things actually go.  The best way to gauge interest is
to go right to those who participate here.

But you are right.  I found out about caching from a Fox10 story on August
23, 2001, and it wasn't too long after that life began that I discovered
azgeocaching.com, and used the data the site provided to plan all of my
caching adventures.  It wasn't until gc.com started hosing the data
extraction that I migrated away and began using PQs to plan my cache trips.
I still spent quite a bit of time on the site, and enjoyed the friendly
ribbing given/received about the stats and how such-and-such person was
coming after me to pass me up in the ranking.  It was this community that
made caching such a blast for me.  I might not have met/cached with some of
the people I have if it wasn't for the listserv, as many of them again,
don't read the forums.  Such an acknowledgement is only fitting, for the
amount of growth fostered by azgeocaching.com's existence.

Brian

Team A.I.

  _____