[Az-Geocaching] PDA troubles?

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 8 15:58:03 MST 2005

Wondering if there is anyone out there in azgeocaching land that also has a
Palm PDA... M series model. Specifically, an M130.. but I think the M500
series is the same.

Anyways, my PDA shut off when the battery power went low and I am not able
to re-charge it to turn it back on again. My wall charger has been working
off and on and I dont know if it is the wall charger or if it is the PDA
now.

There are numerous online sources for charging cables. Many are even USB
that have a wall charger and/or a car charger included. Pretty cool. One
store even has a USB charging cable that when plugged into your computer's
USB port.. will recharge the PDA. Interesting.

Anyways, this PDA is a few years old now.. at least. I have had it a way
long time. I hate to invest $20 or $30 into a charger if it doesnt fix the
problem. I'd rather put that towards a new and better PDA. Perhaps the PDA
battery is totally dead? (I would think it would partially recharge anyways)
or perhaps the PDA is dead or perhaps my charger is bad. Need to find this
out. Wondering if anyone has a cradle or cable charger I could plug my PDA
into for a short spell and see if it takes a charge and then I can go from
there.

This PDA has served me well for many years of seriously rugged abuse! It is
old and out of date, but does what I need it to. I use it daily (almost
religiously!) for business and geocaching and anything else. It is always on
me!

of course, sure would be cool to get one of those new Dell X51V's!!!! :)
hhmmm.. maybe this is a good time!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind