[Az-Geocaching] TC vs GC

Steven Stringham sstringh at stringham-family.org
Tue Mar 15 23:37:36 MST 2005

Guy,

>Steve,I wrote the founder,here is his response.

Thank you for taking a stance. And pursuing an avenue on this issue. I
do appreciate it.

I do think that Brian is right, however. I do see it as more of a
rebellion site. Basically, as you say, local like minded cachers can
control what is approved. Yes, in AZ we could control it, but I do not
want to be associated with what I am seeing so far. I have found the GC
caches to be very good in this respect at least. I can take my kids on
any one of them (within physical reason) with no general concerns as to
content. But, not so from what I am seeing in the forums on TC.

Yes, I want virtuals back. But not at this expense.

<soap box mode>
One on the tenets of my Faith (yes, in Christ), says "If there is
anything ^h virtuous <http://scriptures.lds.org/a_of_f/1/13h#13h>, ^i
lovely <http://scriptures.lds.org/a_of_f/1/13i#13i>, or of good report
or praiseworthy, we seek after these things." Just because you can, does
not mean you should. While the first amendment has been interpreted to
cover profanity and pornography as free speech, that does not mean I
need to or should participate in or condone them. Vulgarity for the sake
of being different or shocking is not uplifting, only degrading.

Spending time with my wife and kids caching has been an uplifting and
good thing. And, I hope to keep it that way.

</soap box mode>

Guy, I do appreciate what you are trying to do. And, please, keep up the
good work.

Steven Stringham
StringCachers