[Az-Geocaching] TC vs GC

Scott Wood scott at myblueheaven.com
Wed Mar 16 08:32:59 MST 2005

At 11:37 PM 3/15/2005, you wrote:

>One on the tenets of my Faith (yes, in Christ), says "If there is anything
>^h virtuous <http://scriptures.lds.org/a_of_f/1/13h#13h>, ^i lovely
><http://scriptures.lds.org/a_of_f/1/13i#13i>, or of good report or
>praiseworthy, we seek after these things." Just because you can, does not
>mean you should. While the first amendment has been interpreted to cover
>profanity and pornography as free speech, that does not mean I need to or
>should participate in or condone them. Vulgarity for the sake of being
>different or shocking is not uplifting, only degrading.

While I certainly respect the faith of any person, not all people share
your beliefs.  I am personally agnostic, and hold some very libertarian
beliefs.  I don't have a problem with adult themed caches, or items, as
long as a person is given the ability to decide if that is right for them
or not.  I would never like the idea of someone filling a "regular" cache
with adult themed material since the next person finding it would not be
able to make that decision.  However, if the cache description clearly
states that there could be adult material present, you simply decide to not
visit that cache.

While it doesn't offend me in any way, I do remember discussion about some
of the religious based caches that were listed on GC were offensive to
those who did not share the same beliefs.