[Az-Geocaching] Photograph Arizona virtual cache

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 4 19:39:53 MST 2005

>From: "Roping The Wind" <arizcowboy at hotmail.com>
>To: listserv at azgeocaching.com
>Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Photograph Arizona virtual cache
>Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 16:38:29 -0700
>
>Thru further investigation.... I think Long Canyon Road goes back far
>enough to the start of this canyon that runs to north of the cache..
>perhaps there is a trail going up that canyon. Although the elevation lines
>look incredibly steep to get out of that canyon to the cache site. Not sure
>if it is possible to climb out of that canyon or not.
>
>I'm bored. I might just take a quick drive right now. :)
>
>Scott
>Team Ropingthewind

Ok. I just took a drive out there. It isnt Long Canyon Rd... it is actually
Boynton Pass Rd (off of Dry Creek Rd). You take Boynton Pass Rd a bit over 4
miles. This is a dirt road. Fairly rough. But not bad. 2wd no problem. But I
wouldnt take a car down it. Looks like you would have to park at the Secret
Canyon Trailhead. From here, it would be a 5.5 mile hike (one way) to the
cache location. Possibly. I dont know for sure, I havent been on the trail
and I am only looking at the signage at the trailhead. But, it looks like
this is the trail. There is a side trail off of this one that might go right
to the area of the cache. Again, not sure. But this is the best I can
gather. It would definetly be a good lengthy hike. Perhaps 11 miles round
trip. Plus some good elevation gain at the back end of the trail up to the
cache area. The trail does look really fun though.

I am not sure if there is an easier way. But I still think it might be
possible to take roads back in off of I-40 to the cache.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind