[Az-Geocaching] T824 Table Mesa cache

Brian Casteel bcasteel at uccinc.net
Thu Dec 29 10:07:10 MST 2005

Yeah, I too was disappointed that we couldn't place it in a better location,
but man...trying to push Earth like that with only Steve and I there, it
just wasn't in the cards.  The compromise was to place a physical marker
made from items in the immediate area at the geographic center of the state
+/- 6', then encourage cachers to make the 11.5 mile loop by summiting Pine
Mountain and signing the peak log and hiking back down to find Stage2 of
JTTCOTS on your way out.

It was the best compromise we could come up with after finding out that the
COTS was in a wilderness area, so don't complain Scott, or I might have to
recruit some of the militia groups north of here to shoot down your balloon
one day when you least expect it.  :)

Anyways, finding Stage 1 of JTTCOTS, summiting Pine Mountain for #1999 and
finding the last part makes more sense for the finds if you look at the
overall distance you would have to travel otherwise.  It's 3.75 miles
one-way and you would be doing quite a bit more than the 7.5 miles if you
found JTTCOTS first, then hiked back in for Pine Mountain.

Just a few things to chew on when you're making up your mind on what to do
and how to do it.

Brian
Team A.I.