[Az-Geocaching] T824 Table Mesa cache

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 29 13:05:24 MST 2005

>From: "Brian Casteel"

>Yeah, I too was disappointed that we couldn't place it in a better
>location,
>but man...trying to push Earth like that with only Steve and I there, it
>just wasn't in the cards.  The compromise was to place a physical marker
>made from items in the immediate area at the geographic center of the state
>+/- 6', then encourage cachers to make the 11.5 mile loop by summiting Pine
>Mountain and signing the peak log and hiking back down to find Stage2 of
>JTTCOTS on your way out.
>
>It was the best compromise we could come up with after finding out that the
>COTS was in a wilderness area, so don't complain Scott, or I might have to
>recruit some of the militia groups north of here to shoot down your balloon
>one day when you least expect it.  :)
>
>Anyways, finding Stage 1 of JTTCOTS, summiting Pine Mountain for #1999 and
>finding the last part makes more sense for the finds if you look at the
>overall distance you would have to travel otherwise.  It's 3.75 miles
>one-way and you would be doing quite a bit more than the 7.5 miles if you
>found JTTCOTS first, then hiked back in for Pine Mountain.
>
>Just a few things to chew on when you're making up your mind on what to do
>and how to do it.
>
>Brian
>Team A.I.

Yea, thanks for the heads up. I think this is what I will do for #2000.
Sounds like just the right cache for the job! I have always been interested
in the Pine mountain loop hike. This would be a great way to do it. Newman
Peak Cache could still be in the cards as well. But I really like the sounds
of "Journey to the Center of the State for #2000". It has a ring to it!!!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind