[Az-Geocaching] T824 Table Mesa cache

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 27 05:38:05 MST 2005

>From: "Team Tierra Buena" Reply-To: listserv at azgeocaching.com
>To: <listserv at azgeocaching.com>
>Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] T824 Table Mesa cache
>Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 22:28:48 -0700

>Scott,
>
>No disrespect to Brian (Team A. I.) or Steve (AZCachemeister), but given
>your oft-expressed preference for "the coordinates take you to the
>ammo-can"
>caches, you might better enjoy Table Mesa for your milestone find.
>
>I notice you're 53 shy of that milestone. You gonna get 'em done by January
>6th? Then you'd celebrate your 2,000th find on the anniversary of the date
>you signed up at gc.com. That oughta give you something to chew on...
>
>Steve
>Team Tierra Buena

:))) LOL

Well, yea... I certainly prefer the afformentioned type of cache find... but
that "Journey to the Center of the State" cache has a certain ring to it
that is saying "come and get me" and "I'm here for 2000 man". I would also
prefer a cache that has some elevation gain to it. :)

Newman Peak Cache is a strong candidate as well. I really want to make that
climb. I have talked to a few cachers that want to coordinate for a group
hike up to that cache. So maybe Newman Peak will be the one.

It would be cool to get to that milestone by Jan 6th indeed! Certainly
doable, but not likely! :) I dont think I am motivated enough to do that
these days! :)) I have business lined up every day this week and into the
weekend. So probably will not find any caches this week. Although I might be
in Tucson Friday/Saturday for an overnighter, so might be able to knock out
a bunch down there with some time to kill. I found my very first cache on
January 6th, 2002. It was the 'Junk Drawer Junkie' Cache, along Hwy 88 and
overlooking Canyon Lake. That cache is still active today. Interesting how
those really old caches stand the test of time. It just happened to be we
were going for a first to find on that cache. If we didnt end up at the
bottom of the canyon, we would have gotten it first! Instead, we round the
bend and find Larry and Connie of Team Wyle E searching! They found it
first. Meeting Team Wyle E and getting a short ride in the Yellow Jeep...
all on our very first cache outing was certainly a memorable experience (and
the fact that we just missed a first find by seconds!).

Scott
Team Ropingthewind