[Az-Geocaching] Re: Been There Done That

Scott Sparks listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 03 Apr 2004 09:06:11 -0700

Yes, Scott, I have been present at every single find for Team Sprocket.
Various members of my family accompany me at various times and they
sometimes write in the logbooks but I am _always_ present for every
find.  I  was just saying that, for the casual geocaching team, I don't
see why an occasional find by someone other than the 'captain' should be
a problem.  For example, Mr and Mrs Smith, a retired couple, both enjoy
geocaching.  Mr. Smith is the team captain but Mrs. Smith, while at her
monthly bridge club, snags a find that is nearby.  There's no reason
Mrs. Smith should have to call call Mr. Smith at his golf game across
town and say, ''Honey, I found a cache over here near Seizure World. Can
you come and sign the log for me?''

>In my personal opinion, a team that splits up is NEVER fine. Not for a
>record breaking day, not for any day. If you a are top ranked cacher and
>working toward reaching the #1 spot, I sure hope, Sprocket, that you
>yourself was at each and every cache you logged as a find.

Because, I have the ability to see things objectively and from
perspectives other than my own. :-)

>But, why would you suggest in your post above t=
>hat =20
>you think it is ok to split up your team to find caches!

And BTW, Scott, you're still #1.

-- Sprocket