[Az-Geocaching] Prescott National Forest Announces Fire Restrictions

Ken Henson listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 20 May 2003 06:47:59 -0700

--Apple-Mail-4--30648483

Prescott National Forest Announces Fire Restrictions on the Bradshaw=20
Ranger District

PRESCOTT Ariz=97The Bradshaw Ranger District of the Prescott National=20
Forest will go into precautionary fire restrictions on Tuesday, May 20=20=

at 8 a.m. =93We have reached certain key trigger points that warrant=20
taking these restrictive actions. These include four initial attack=20
fires in the past week, the long distance spotting observed with these=20=

fires, and that our fire prevention patrols are picking up three or=20
four abandoned campfiresdaily. The Bradshaw Ranger District has the=20
highest urban-interface concerns; along with the added risk this year=20
due to all the bark beetle infested trees. We will still continue with=20=

many of our hazard reduction projects which could include prescribe=20
fire on the Verde Ranger District,=94 said Prescott National Forest Fire=20=

Management Officer Robert Morales.

These restrictions will be in effect only on the Bradshaw Ranger=20
District of the Prescott National Forest. The Bradshaw Ranger District=20=

includes those areas in the vicinity of Horsethief and Crown King in=20
the south, north thru Sycamore Mesa and Granite Mountain Wilderness=20
north and west of Prescott.

--Apple-Mail-4--30648483

Announces Fire Restrictions on the Bradshaw Ranger District =

=
SCOTT
Bradshaw Ranger District of the Prescott National Forest will go into
precautionary fire restrictions on Tuesday, May 20 at 8 a.m. =93We have
reached certain key trigger points that warrant taking these
restrictive actions. These include four initial attack fires in the
past week, the long distance spotting observed with these fires, and
that our fire prevention patrols are picking up three or four
abandoned campfiresdaily. The Bradshaw Ranger District has the highest
urban-interface concerns; along with the added risk this year due to
all the bark beetle infested trees. We will still continue with many
of our hazard reduction projects which could include prescribe fire on
the Verde Ranger District,=94 said Prescott National Forest Fire

restrictions will be in effect <italic>only</italic> on the Bradshaw
Ranger District of the Prescott National Forest. The Bradshaw Ranger
District includes those areas in the vicinity of Horsethief and Crown
King in the south, north thru Sycamore Mesa and Granite Mountain
Wilderness north and west of =

--Apple-Mail-4--30648483--