[Az-Geocaching] Re: Special Equipment/stars/rants/blah...blah...blah

Brian Casteel listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 16 May 2003 09:00:01 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_005C_01C31B89.887563D0

[quote]
that is the problem INTERPRETATION that is why some PUZZLE caches =
involving
say a MOVIE or statue. The owner will "see" one thing while another will
"see" another, then when the owner asks a question on their "view" what =
is
the correct answer? if there is any room for a possibility of a =
different
answer it shouldn't be included... but then again some people "try" to =
be
(insert word) and use it as a trick of somesorts, which in the end IMHO
degrades the cache experience...

then again ESP would be special equipment wouldn't it?
[/quote]

My guess is that nobody has provided you with their work yet, and you =
haven't taken the time to sit down and watch it...have you?  :)

Bottom line is this.  There are different types of caches for everyone.  =
Some like locationless, some like virtual.  Some get a thrill out of =
walking through a park looking for words/phrases/numbers to complete a =
'puzzle' in order to find the final location.  Some use cryptography to =
'hide' their cache clue in the cache page, requiring you to figure out =
which method of encryption is to be used to decipher the clue.  Also, =
some have used 'fuzzy' math involving aircraft that one must figure out =
in order to determine the cache coordinates. =20

Stating that if there is any room for a possibility of a different =
answer and not including it for that reason confuses the hell out of me. =
 I look at it this way.  You're sitting in a classroom working on some =
algebra/trig/calc....whatever.  You verify your answers and discover =
that some of them are wrong..or, 'different'.  Does that mean the ones =
you answered 'differently' shouldn't have been included in the mathbook =
because of the possibility that you could have solved the equation with =
a 'different' answer?  What about anyone else in class on any of the =
other equations in the book?

If I am completely off the mark in assuming this statement had to do =
with a certain new cache of mine, then by all means I apologize.  =
However, I know that not everyone is going to try for, or enjoy working =
on this or any of my other caches.  I've come to learn that I can't =
please everyone all the time, and I'm not going to try and accomplish =
such a monumental feat.  When this cache was created, it took quite a =
bit of time on my part.  In fact, the first find came within 96 hours of =
it being posted, by an individual with very few finds!  One cacher is =
going to make a special trip to Arizona for this cache, and also to =
attend an event cache here at some point in the near future.  Another is =
going to make a trip from Tucson for it.  Apparently, I've found a niche =
with this cache, which leads me to believe I've put it together at least =
somewhat well.

Brian
Team A.I.
------=_NextPart_000_005C_01C31B89.887563D0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>[quote]</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>that is the problem INTERPRETATION that is why some PUZZLE caches=20
involving<BR>say a MOVIE or statue. The owner will "see" one thing while =
another=20
will<BR>"see" another, then when the owner asks a question on their =
"view" what=20
is<BR>the correct answer? if there is any room for a possibility of a=20
different<BR>answer it shouldn't be included... but then again some =
people "try"=20
to be<BR>(insert word) and use it as a trick of somesorts, which in the =
end=20
IMHO<BR>degrades the cache experience...<BR><BR>then again ESP would be =
special=20
equipment wouldn't it?</DIV>
<DIV>[/quote]</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My guess is that nobody has provided =
you with their=20
work yet, and you haven't taken the time to sit down and watch it...have =

you?&nbsp; :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bottom line is this.&nbsp; There are =
different=20
types of caches for everyone.&nbsp; Some like locationless, some like=20
virtual.&nbsp; Some get a thrill out of walking through a park looking =
for=20
words/phrases/numbers to complete a 'puzzle' in order to find the final=20
location.&nbsp; Some use cryptography to 'hide' their cache clue in the =
cache=20
page, requiring you to figure out which method of encryption is to be =
used to=20
decipher the clue.&nbsp; Also, some have used 'fuzzy' math involving=20
aircraft&nbsp;that one must figure out in order to determine the cache=20
coordinates.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Stating that if there is any room for a =
possibility=20
of a different answer and not including it for that reason confuses the =
hell out=20
of me.&nbsp; I look at it this way.&nbsp; You're sitting in a classroom =
working=20
on some algebra/trig/calc....whatever.&nbsp; You verify your answers and =

discover that some of them are wrong..or, 'different'.&nbsp; Does that =
mean the=20
ones you answered 'differently' shouldn't have been included in the =
mathbook=20
because of the possibility that you could have&nbsp;solved the equation =
with a=20
'different' answer?&nbsp; What about anyone else in class&nbsp;on any of =
the=20
other equations in the book?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If I am completely off the mark in =
assuming this=20
statement had to do with a certain new cache of mine, then by all means =
I=20
apologize.&nbsp; However, I know that not everyone is going to try for, =
or enjoy=20
working on this or any of my other caches.&nbsp; I've come to learn that =
I can't=20
please everyone all the time, and I'm not going to try and accomplish =
such a=20
monumental feat.&nbsp; When this cache was created, it took quite a bit =
of time=20
on my part.&nbsp; In fact, the first find came within 96 hours of it =
being=20
posted, by an individual with very few finds!&nbsp; One cacher is going =
to make=20
a special trip to Arizona for this cache, and also to attend an event =
cache here=20
at some point in the near future.&nbsp; Another is going to make a trip =
from=20
Tucson for it.&nbsp; Apparently, I've found a niche with this cache, =
which leads=20
me to believe I've put it together at least somewhat well.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Brian</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Team A.I.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005C_01C31B89.887563D0--