[Az-Geocaching] Re: Special Equipment/stars/rants/blah...blah...blah

Team Evil Fish listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 16 May 2003 09:27:48 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C31B8D.6A28BFE0

I have seen the movie and plan on seeing it again and again and again

I suppose that is why with over 2200 cachers with atleast 1 find in AZ =
have placed 1500 AZ caches that have been found at most 115 times =
excluding locationless....

going to my room now

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Brian Casteel=20
  To: az-geocaching@listserv.azgeocaching.com=20
  Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 9:00 AM
  Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Re: Special =
Equipment/stars/rants/blah...blah...blah

  [quote]
  that is the problem INTERPRETATION that is why some PUZZLE caches =
involving
  say a MOVIE or statue. The owner will "see" one thing while another =
will
  "see" another, then when the owner asks a question on their "view" =
what is
  the correct answer? if there is any room for a possibility of a =
different
  answer it shouldn't be included... but then again some people "try" to =
be
  (insert word) and use it as a trick of somesorts, which in the end =
IMHO
  degrades the cache experience...

  then again ESP would be special equipment wouldn't it?
  [/quote]

  My guess is that nobody has provided you with their work yet, and you =
haven't taken the time to sit down and watch it...have you?  :)

  Bottom line is this.  There are different types of caches for =
everyone.  Some like locationless, some like virtual.  Some get a thrill =
out of walking through a park looking for words/phrases/numbers to =
complete a 'puzzle' in order to find the final location.  Some use =
cryptography to 'hide' their cache clue in the cache page, requiring you =
to figure out which method of encryption is to be used to decipher the =
clue.  Also, some have used 'fuzzy' math involving aircraft that one =
must figure out in order to determine the cache coordinates. =20

  Stating that if there is any room for a possibility of a different =
answer and not including it for that reason confuses the hell out of me. =
 I look at it this way.  You're sitting in a classroom working on some =
algebra/trig/calc....whatever.  You verify your answers and discover =
that some of them are wrong..or, 'different'.  Does that mean the ones =
you answered 'differently' shouldn't have been included in the mathbook =
because of the possibility that you could have solved the equation with =
a 'different' answer?  What about anyone else in class on any of the =
other equations in the book?

  If I am completely off the mark in assuming this statement had to do =
with a certain new cache of mine, then by all means I apologize.  =
However, I know that not everyone is going to try for, or enjoy working =
on this or any of my other caches.  I've come to learn that I can't =
please everyone all the time, and I'm not going to try and accomplish =
such a monumental feat.  When this cache was created, it took quite a =
bit of time on my part.  In fact, the first find came within 96 hours of =
it being posted, by an individual with very few finds!  One cacher is =
going to make a special trip to Arizona for this cache, and also to =
attend an event cache here at some point in the near future.  Another is =
going to make a trip from Tucson for it.  Apparently, I've found a niche =
with this cache, which leads me to believe I've put it together at least =
somewhat well.

  Brian
  Team A.I.
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C31B8D.6A28BFE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have seen the movie and&nbsp;plan on =
seeing it=20
again and again and again</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I suppose that is why with over 2200 =
cachers with=20
atleast 1 find in AZ have placed 1500 AZ caches that have been found at =
most 115=20
times excluding locationless....</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>going to my room now</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dbcasteel@cox.net href=3D"mailto:bcasteel@cox.net">Brian =
Casteel</A>=20
  </DIV>
  title=3Daz-geocaching@listserv.azgeocaching.com=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:az-geocaching@listserv.azgeocaching.com">az-geocaching@lis=
tserv.azgeocaching.com</A>=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, May 16, 2003 9:00 =
AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching] Re: =
Special=20
  Equipment/stars/rants/blah...blah...blah</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>[quote]</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>that is the problem INTERPRETATION that is why some PUZZLE caches =

  involving<BR>say a MOVIE or statue. The owner will "see" one thing =
while=20
  another will<BR>"see" another, then when the owner asks a question on =
their=20
  "view" what is<BR>the correct answer? if there is any room for a =
possibility=20
  of a different<BR>answer it shouldn't be included... but then again =
some=20
  people "try" to be<BR>(insert word) and use it as a trick of =
somesorts, which=20
  in the end IMHO<BR>degrades the cache experience...<BR><BR>then again =
ESP=20
  would be special equipment wouldn't it?</DIV>
  <DIV>[/quote]</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My guess is that nobody has provided =
you with=20
  their work yet, and you haven't taken the time to sit down and watch =
it...have=20
  you?&nbsp; :)</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bottom line is this.&nbsp; There are =
different=20
  types of caches for everyone.&nbsp; Some like locationless, some like=20
  virtual.&nbsp; Some get a thrill out of walking through a park looking =
for=20
  words/phrases/numbers to complete a 'puzzle' in order to find the =
final=20
  location.&nbsp; Some use cryptography to 'hide' their cache clue in =
the cache=20
  page, requiring you to figure out which method of encryption is to be =
used to=20
  decipher the clue.&nbsp; Also, some have used 'fuzzy' math involving=20
  aircraft&nbsp;that one must figure out in order to determine the cache =

  coordinates.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Stating that if there is any room for =
a=20
  possibility of a different answer and not including it for that reason =

  confuses the hell out of me.&nbsp; I look at it this way.&nbsp; You're =
sitting=20
  in a classroom working on some algebra/trig/calc....whatever.&nbsp; =
You verify=20
  your answers and discover that some of them are wrong..or, =
'different'.&nbsp;=20
  Does that mean the ones you answered 'differently' shouldn't have been =

  included in the mathbook because of the possibility that you could=20
  have&nbsp;solved the equation with a 'different' answer?&nbsp; What =
about=20
  anyone else in class&nbsp;on any of the other equations in the=20
  book?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If I am completely off the mark in =
assuming this=20
  statement had to do with a certain new cache of mine, then by all =
means I=20
  apologize.&nbsp; However, I know that not everyone is going to try =
for, or=20
  enjoy working on this or any of my other caches.&nbsp; I've come to =
learn that=20
  I can't please everyone all the time, and I'm not going to try and =
accomplish=20
  such a monumental feat.&nbsp; When this cache was created, it took =
quite a bit=20
  of time on my part.&nbsp; In fact, the first find came within 96 hours =
of it=20
  being posted, by an individual with very few finds!&nbsp; One cacher =
is going=20
  to make a special trip to Arizona for this cache, and also to attend =
an event=20
  cache here at some point in the near future.&nbsp; Another is going to =
make a=20
  trip from Tucson for it.&nbsp; Apparently, I've found a niche with =
this cache,=20
  which leads me to believe I've put it together at least somewhat=20
  well.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Brian</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Team =
A.I.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C31B8D.6A28BFE0--