[Az-Geocaching] Thoughts on Cheaters and Mos-skeeters!!

Trisha listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 11:35:31 -0700 (MST)

Hey all,

Just a follow-up on the "old cheater thread", not that I really care
all that much, but I happened to be doing a cache in Kingman on my way
to Reno (I'm still in Reno as I write this) that I noticed that the
alleged cheater marc_54140 had logged: Holly Moses (GC4385). Being
curious, I noted the date he logged online and when I found the cache
I checked the physical log and....well, no log from good ol' marc.
Wonder who he thinks he's fooling? Does he think there's prize money
at the end of the rainbow? Oh well...

Anyway I wanted to make another comment. Loosely (very loosely) along
the lines of the McDowell Thread and people who don't want you
caching. Nevada had found a very effective deterrant to unsuspecting
Arizona cachers. We stopped between Yerington and Fernley along the
Carson River to do a quick cache....and go eaten alive by HUGE
mosquitos!!!!! Chalk that up to ignorance or something, but we sure
learned a lesson. (What's a river? huh?) OK, this was a joke. We are
stupid to not think of mosquitos near a river at 1800 hours, but, we
are from Arizona, so what the heck.

Stay cool down there in Phoenix, when it's this HOT in Reno (similar
climate to Prescott) it's gotta be sweltering....no, blast furnace
time in Phoenix.

Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott/Reno, be back this weekend