[Az-Geocaching] RPh perspective on new cache

Gale Draper listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 18:58:10 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1963563627-1054691890=:48470

Omniterranaut's new cache:
Cache inspiration:
Recently my mother was prescribed some medication.  Upon further inspection (at home) she discovered it was the wrong drug. She immediately returned to the pharmacy .25 miles from our house with the drug in hand (unopened of course). State law prohibits the return of prescription drugs. She had to eat the bill (over $100) and pay for the correct medication. Lesson learned: Check your medication BEFORE leaving the pharmacy!

As some of you may know, Mike and I are pharmacists. I have already sent Omniterranaut an e-mail with advice on how to get his mother a refund, but I wanted to clarify something about his new cache description. State law prohibits the return and reuse of prescription medication. It does not prohibit a refund of money especially if the pharmacy made an error. Under no circumstances should she have had to eat the cost of their mistake. Our profession is one that is supposed to have zero tolerance of mistakes. If by some unfortunate circumstance this happens to you, please make them refund the money. Make lots of noise and go over their heads.

What happened to his mother is a violation of my code of ethics, and I believe that of most pharmacists as well. Forgive my rant. My professional pride is at stake.

On a side note, if I can drag Mike out tonight, we will be attempting this cache when he gets off of work. If anyone would like pharmacists' assistance in answering the cache questions, please let me know and I'll let you know when we'll be out there. Unless Omniterranaut objects. For those of you who want a first find, you'd better hurry.

--0-1963563627-1054691890=:48470

<DIV><SPAN id=LongDescription><FONT color=#40007f>Omniterranaut's new cache:</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN><FONT color=#40007f>Cache inspiration:<BR>Recently my mother was prescribed some medication.&nbsp; Upon further inspection (at home) she discovered it was the wrong drug. She immediately returned to the pharmacy .25 miles from our house with the drug in hand (unopened of course). State law prohibits the return of prescription drugs. She had to eat the bill (over $100) and pay for the correct medication. Lesson learned: Check your medication BEFORE leaving the pharmacy!</FONT> </SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN>As some of you may know, Mike and I are pharmacists. I have already sent Omniterranaut an e-mail with advice on how to get his mother a refund, but I wanted to clarify something about his new cache description. State law prohibits the return and reuse of prescription medication. It does not prohibit a refund of money especially if the pharmacy made an error. Under no circumstances should she have had to eat the cost of their mistake. Our profession is one that is supposed to have zero tolerance of mistakes. If by some unfortunate circumstance this happens to you, please make them refund the money. Make lots of noise and go over their heads. </SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN></SPAN><SPAN></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN>What happened to his mother is a violation of my code of ethics, and I believe that of most pharmacists as well. <SPAN>Forgive my rant. My professional pride is at stake.</SPAN></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN>On a side note, if I can drag Mike out tonight, we will be attempting this cache when he gets off of work. If anyone would like pharmacists' assistance in answering the cache questions, please let me know and I'll let you know when we'll be out there. Unless Omniterranaut objects. For those of you who want a first find, you'd better hurry. </SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Free <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/tag/*http://calendar.yahoo.com">online calendar</a> with sync to Outlook(TM).
--0-1963563627-1054691890=:48470--