[Az-Geocaching] Good bye

Randy Kinkel listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:41:53 -0700

I have to say, I have not experienced any unfriendly people on
this list... maybe some are a little grumpy...

I will say, though, that I acknowledge what Scott is saying as he
says "G-bye!", and ...as a relative newcomer, I have witnessed
some really mean stuff said over this list in the few months I
have been on and geocaching, and it is kind of off-putting.
Sure, people might not know the rules of the listserve and stuff,
but the things I have read by some people on this list are just
way over the top, IMHO.

And... it seems whenever anybody has a difference of opinion,
there seems to be a certain amount of name-calling and lecturing
among certain veteran cachers to the people involved.

I say step back, take a deep breath, remember what it was like to
be new to this and think about what you're typing and how it will
affect somebody else when they see it... you may decide to change
it and figure out a better way to say it!

just one man's opinion.

Mozartman

> I have kicked around the idea of leaving this list a lot over
the last year
> and a half, but have finally decided that it is time to move
on.

> While I still enjoy geocaching, I don't have the desire to do
it nearly as
> much as I used to, and I really don't have the desire to remain
on this
> list.  I might be wrong about it, but it isn't nearly as
friendly as it
> used to be, and people can't seem to take any sort of actual
discussion or
> disagreement.
>
> For those of you that I have made friends with, I hope to still
run into
> you on the trails or at event caches, and you can always reach
me via
> private e-mail.
>
> I will not see replies to this message as I will send the
unsubscribe as