[Az-Geocaching] FS Fee Demonstration problems

Andrew Ayre listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:44:33 -0700

I think so too. There may be one or two trails opened, but I think it will
be mostly "keep to the road". Still not been able to retrieve Hollywood
Arizona, and I don't know when we will. I can imagine that the Butterfly
trail is likely completely gone in many places.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of Scott
Wood
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 10:37 AM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] FS Fee Demonstration problems

At 10:30 AM 7/11/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>I was wondering if the fee would go up for Mt. Lemmon to counter the drop
in
>visitors and the increased management costs from the fire.

I was just talking about this with a friend of mine, and I see in today's
paper that they are planning on letting the general public back up the
mountain sometime in September.  My gut tells me that there will be some
sort of rush when the mountain is first opened.  I suspect that many parts
of the mountain will be closed for a number of years, just like the areas
of the Bullock fire.  If that is the case, the number of visitors will
really fall off after the initial curiosity is over.

Scott

scott@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com