[Az-Geocaching] Adopt-A-Highway

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 03 Dec 2003 21:17:34 -0800

>Brian Casteel <bcasteel1@cox.net> wrote:
>Well, if anyone was wondering, I finally heard back from the head of the
>Adopt-A-Highway program. Previously, another group had expressed interest
>in the same section of highway and he was waiting to find out if they were
>going to take it or not. Today they decided not to, and I was contacted.
>The section of highway (I believe it's SB SR87 from MP 181-182
>(approximately Gilbert Rd/SR87) is available and we now have it. Within I
>believe it's 6-8 weeks, a Adopt-A-Highway sign will be installed as being
>maintained by Arizona Geocachers. I will plan the first clean-up and
>subsequent park get together for just after the sign is installed.
>Hopefully the first cleanup will result in a strong showing, and we can get
>a great group picture to send to the Groundspeak staff.
>
>Brian
>Team A.I.

It would be great to get a strong showing of cachers out there cleaning up
the area and perhaps getting newchannel 3 to come out and let all of Arizona
see what a great group of peope geocachers are. Usually the weekend morning
editions of channel 3 (good morning arizona) are pretty light and are
typically covering stuff like this anyways. Could be very positive exposure
for AZ geocaching.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

Get holiday tips for festive fun.