[Az-Geocaching] No gas to geocache!

Brian Casteel listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:37:11 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_00A2_01C3665F.60447010

Just about an hour ago the episode of Jag was on where Harm goes down in =
bad weather.  They rambled off lat/long but before I could get back into =
the living room, I missed too much of it.  Was going to look it up and =
see if the coords actually fell within the area they stated the aircraft =
went down in.  Hrmph.

Brian
Team A.I.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Gale Draper=20
  To: listserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 2:20 PM
  Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] No gas to geocache!

  I needed gas so last night at 11 pm, I waited half an hour in line and =
paid $1.99 per gallon. Everyone was well behaved. I don't know what it =
is like today, but yesterday afternoon only 1 in 12 gas stations in my =
area had gas. Last night only 1 in 10 had gas.
  The news showed one independent on the west side charging $4.97 per =
gallon before he closed down due to personal safety concerns. (Sheesh, =
you think?)

  We have an unofficial contest between Mike and I to see who can find =
the geocache or the coordinates in tv or films that we watch. Virtual =
geocaching seems to be all we can do for now (and not because of gas). =
Looking forward to the event cache this weekend. I'll have 3 TBs with =
me.

  Jim Scotti <jscotti@pirlserver.lpl.Arizona.EDU> wrote:

  Well, while our gas prices down here in Tucson are not approaching $4 =
  gallon like I saw on the news last night about Phoenix, they are=20
  running
  close to $1.70, up from close to $1.50 before the gas pipeline break.  =

  Most
  of that jump happened within about 2 or 3 days just after the pipeline =

  break
  story broke - coincidence?  The shortage may be having a small affect=20
  here in
  Tucson since apparently, our gas terminals are being saturated by=20
  tankers
  from the Phoenix area - tankers distributing gas locally are competing =

  with
  those transporting it up to Phoenix and so there is some difficulty=20
  meeting
  the demand.  I have not seen any stations that did not have gas,=20
  however.

  I also heard a guest on one of the morning radio shows while driving =
in=20
  work talking about the Phoenix situation.  Supposedly, 70% of the gas
  delivered in Phoenix comes from California, and the remainder comes=20
  through
  Tucson via the pipeline, presumably.  So, that leads to the question =
of=20
  why
  there appears to be such a shortage - there should be at least 70% of=20
  the
  supply intact with considerable of the remaining 30% being supplied =
via
  tanker instead of pipeline from Tucson.  Something smells fishy around
  here....  I've heard stories on this listserve about passing 4 or 5=20
  closed
  stations before finding one with a long line - are you having the same
  trouble adding this equation up as I am?

  And the required geocaching part of this otherwise off-topic post: =
It's=20
  not
  the gas situation that has kept me from going geocaching, just too =
many=20
  other
  things going on around here!  Did anyone see the repeat of Enterprise=20
  last
  week?  Some of the crew were descending into a cave on an alien planet
  chasing some alien scientists that needed to be found and removed from =

  the
  planet before the bad guys ! of the week closed the planet to them and =

  during
  the descent, one of the crew finds a little tupperware-like container=20
  with
  some rock samples in it.  My son thought I was nuts (as usual) as I=20
  exclaimed
  "Hey, a geocache!"

------=_NextPart_000_00A2_01C3665F.60447010

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Just about an hour ago the episode of =
Jag was on=20
where Harm goes down in bad weather.&nbsp; They rambled off lat/long but =
before=20
I could get back into the living room, I missed too much of it.&nbsp; =
Was going=20
to look it up and see if the coords actually fell within the area they =
stated=20
the aircraft went down in.&nbsp; Hrmph.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Brian</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Team A.I.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dsonoralovesmommy@yahoo.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:sonoralovesmommy@yahoo.com">Gale Draper</A> </DIV>
title=3Dlistserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:listserv@azgeocaching.com">listserv@azgeocaching.com</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, August 19, 2003 =
2:20=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Az-Geocaching] No =
gas to=20
  geocache!</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>I needed gas so last night at 11 pm, I waited half an hour in =
line and=20
  paid $1.99 per gallon. Everyone was well behaved. I don't know what it =
is like=20
  today, but yesterday afternoon only 1 in 12 gas stations in my area =
had gas.=20
  Last night only 1 in 10 had gas.</DIV>
  <DIV>The news showed one independent on the west side charging $4.97 =
per=20
  gallon before he closed down due to personal safety concerns. (Sheesh, =
you=20
  think?)</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>We have an unofficial contest between Mike and I to see who can =
find the=20
  geocache or the coordinates&nbsp;in tv or films that we watch. Virtual =

  geocaching seems to be all we can do for now (and not because of gas). =
Looking=20
  forward to the event cache this weekend. I'll have 3 TBs with=20
  me.<BR><BR><B><I>Jim Scotti =
&lt;jscotti@pirlserver.lpl.Arizona.EDU&gt;</I></B>=20
  wrote:</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Well, while our gas prices down here in Tucson are not =
approaching $4=20
  a<BR>gallon like I saw on the news last night about Phoenix, they are=20
  <BR>running<BR>close to $1.70, up from close to $1.50 before the gas =
pipeline=20
  break.&nbsp; <BR>Most<BR>of that jump happened within about 2 or 3 =
days just=20
  after the pipeline <BR>break<BR>story broke - coincidence?&nbsp; The =
shortage=20
  may be having a small affect <BR>here in<BR>Tucson since apparently, =
our gas=20
  terminals are being saturated by <BR>tankers<BR>from the Phoenix area =
-=20
  tankers distributing gas locally are competing <BR>with<BR>those =
transporting=20
  it up to Phoenix and so there is some difficulty <BR>meeting<BR>the=20
  demand.&nbsp; I have not seen any stations that did not have gas,=20
  <BR>however.<BR><BR>I also heard a guest on one of the morning radio =
shows=20
  while driving in <BR>to<BR>work talking about the Phoenix =
situation.&nbsp;=20
  Supposedly, 70% of the gas<BR>delivered in Phoenix comes from =
California, and=20
  the remainder comes <BR>through<BR>Tucson via the pipeline, =
presumably.&nbsp;=20
  So, that leads to the question of <BR>why<BR>there appears to be such =
a=20
  shortage - there should be at least 70% of <BR>the<BR>supply intact =
with=20
  considerable of the remaining 30% being supplied via<BR>tanker instead =
of=20
  pipeline from Tucson.&nbsp; Something smells fishy =
around<BR>here....&nbsp;=20
  I've heard stories on this listserve about passing 4 or 5=20
  <BR>closed<BR>stations before finding one with a long line - are you =
having=20
  the same<BR>trouble adding this equation up as I am?<BR><BR>And the =
required=20
  geocaching part of this otherwise off-topic post: It's <BR>not<BR>the =
gas=20
  situation that has kept me from going geocaching, just too many=20
  <BR>other<BR>things going on around here!&nbsp; Did anyone see the =
repeat of=20
  Enterprise <BR>last<BR>week?&nbsp; Some of the crew were descending =
into a=20
  cave on an alien planet<BR>chasing some alien scientists that needed =
to be=20
  found and removed from <BR>the<BR>planet before the bad guys ! of the =
week=20
  closed the planet to them and <BR>during<BR>the descent, one of the =
crew finds=20
  a little tupperware-like container <BR>with<BR>some rock samples in =
it.&nbsp;=20
  My son thought I was nuts (as usual) as I <BR>exclaimed<BR>"Hey, a=20
  geocache!"<BR><BR></DIV>
  <P>
  <HR SIZE=3D1>
  Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=3D10469/*http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com"=
>Yahoo!=20
  SiteBuilder</A> - Free, easy-to-use web site design=20
software</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00A2_01C3665F.60447010--