[Az-Geocaching] Revisiting caches over and over to get a TB?

Rob Brinkerhoff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:24:28 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C35838.9DDFAB40

Personally, I do not think of TBs as of object for trade.
The sole intent of a TB is to travel. I treat finding a TB
as I do finding a cache. I've taken several bugs out of a
single cache and I've returned to a cache that I've visited
before to retrieve a TB. Likewise, I will dropped several
TBs of at single cache and I will revisit a cache to just to
drop of a TB. I always note at the cache what I have done in
the logbook and on the webpage. I think finding a TB is like
logging a first find at a cache. Early bird gets the worm
type of thing. Nobody complains when a single cacher bags
several first finds the same day. If one feels that one must
trade TBs, how does one acquire ones first TB?

I can see why some do not like this behavior. There have
been many times that I've gone for a cache hoping to grab a
TB, only to have just missed it by an hour. Oh, well. I am
bummed for about 1 msec and start digging for the log. To me
that is part of the fun! It is like opening a log book
hoping to be the first finder only to find a fellow cachers
name in it (Uhmmm, I won't mention any names). Even more
fun!

-Rob (Wily Javelina)