[Az-Geocaching] Revisiting caches over and over to get a TB?

Team Cache-Quest listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:30:02 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C35831.02FE5510

I've  revisited caches a couple of times to pickup a TB.  I travel for =
business quite a bit.  If I am going to have time (which isn't often), =
I'll revisit a cache to pick up a TB or I'll try to bring one back with =
me and put it in one of stable local caches.  Some caches are =
specifically intended for exchanging TBs and encourage revisits.  My own =
personal rule is to not log revisits as finds.

Jerry (Cache-Quest)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: IFISHAZ@aol.com=20
  To: listserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 12:03 PM
  Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Revisiting caches over and over to get a TB?

  Hi all IFISHAZ here,
  Ok, well I feel this is a subject that needs some public debate (if it =
has had debate before, sorry it was before I became a geocacher). What =
is your (other cachers) feelings on geocachers returning to caches =
(sometimes very repeatedly) they have found previously just to get a =
Travel Bug? I personally think it is wrong, once you have found a cache =
there is no fun / adventure / difficulty, to keep going back to it. Also =
by returning to a cache you know where it is to get a TB, you cut =
chances of a new visitor to that cache having a legitimate find of a TB. =
Also it cuts down potential new visitors to a cache who may have went =
looking for a bug, but it is gone because a cacher who has been there =
before takes it. I think that finding geocaches should be the main goal =
and if you get a TB when you find a cache, cool bonus. Not find =
geocaches so you can locate them and rush straight to them when a TB has =
been placed and grab it.
  Just my opinion, IFISHAZ.
------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C35831.02FE5510

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've &nbsp;revisited caches a couple of =
times to=20
pickup a TB.&nbsp; I travel for business quite a bit.&nbsp; If I am =
going to=20
have time (which isn't often), I'll revisit a cache to pick up a TB or =
I'll try=20
to bring one back with me and put it in one of stable local =
caches.&nbsp; Some=20
caches are specifically intended for exchanging TBs and encourage=20
revisits.&nbsp; My own personal rule is to not log revisits as=20
finds.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jerry (Cache-Quest)</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DIFISHAZ@aol.com =
href=3D"mailto:IFISHAZ@aol.com">IFISHAZ@aol.com</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3Dlistserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:listserv@azgeocaching.com">listserv@azgeocaching.com</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, August 01, 2003 =
12:03=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching] =
Revisiting=20
  caches over and over to get a TB?</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT lang=3D0 =
face=3DArial size=3D2=20
  FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF">Hi all IFISHAZ here,<BR>Ok, well I feel this is a =
subject=20
  that needs some public debate (if it has had debate before, sorry it =
was=20
  before I became a geocacher). What is your (other cachers) feelings on =

  geocachers returning to caches (sometimes very repeatedly) they have =
found=20
  previously just to get a Travel Bug? I personally think it is wrong, =
once you=20
  have found a cache there is no fun / adventure / difficulty, to keep =
going=20
  back to it. Also by returning to a cache you know where it is to get a =
TB, you=20
  cut chances of a new visitor to that cache having a legitimate find of =
a TB.=20
  Also it cuts down potential new visitors to a cache who may have went =
looking=20
  for a bug, but it is gone because a cacher who has been there before =
takes it.=20
  I think that finding geocaches should be the main goal and if you get =
a TB=20
  when you find a cache, cool bonus. Not find geocaches so you can =
locate them=20
  and rush straight to them when a TB has been placed and grab =
it.<BR>Just my=20
  opinion, IFISHAZ.</FONT> </FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C35831.02FE5510--