[Az-Geocaching] Revisiting caches over and over to get a TB?

Gale Draper listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:19:45 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1034559381-1059769185=:43148

I don't have any problems with people returning to a cache to get a travel bug as long as the repeat visit is logged as a note and not a find. I think that the consensus in the travel bug forum is that it is acceptable caching behavior.

Is it acceptable behavior to take more than one TB from a cache per visit? I've seen that done and never really knew if that was okay with the geocaching community.

IFISHAZ@aol.com wrote:
Hi all IFISHAZ here,
Ok, well I feel this is a subject that needs some public debate (if it has had debate before, sorry it was before I became a geocacher). What is your (other cachers) feelings on geocachers returning to caches (sometimes very repeatedly) they have found previously just to get a Travel Bug? I personally think it is wrong, once you have found a cache there is no fun / adventure / difficulty, to keep going back to it. Also by returning to a cache you know where it is to get a TB, you cut chances of a new visitor to that cache having a legitimate find of a TB. Also it cuts down potential new visitors to a cache who may have went looking for a bug, but it is gone because a cacher who has been there before takes it. I think that finding geocaches should be the main goal and if you get a TB when you find a cache, cool bonus. Not find geocaches so you can locate them and rush straight to them when a TB has been placed and grab it.
Just my opinion, IFISHAZ.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes
  On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:
"Something hidden.  Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --
  "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling ,   The Explorer  1898

--0-1034559381-1059769185=:43148

<DIV>
<DIV>I don't have any problems with people returning to a cache to get a travel bug as long as the repeat visit is logged as a note and not a find. I think that the consensus in the travel bug forum is that it is acceptable caching behavior. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Is it acceptable behavior to take more than one TB from a cache per visit? I've seen that done and never really knew if that was okay with the&nbsp;geocaching community.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR><B><I>IFISHAZ@aol.com</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; WIDTH: 100%"><FONT face=arial,helvetica><FONT lang=0 face=Arial size=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">Hi all IFISHAZ here,<BR>Ok, well I feel this is a subject that needs some public debate (if it has had debate before, sorry it was before I became a geocacher). What is your (other cachers) feelings on geocachers returning to caches (sometimes very repeatedly) they have found previously just to get a Travel Bug? I personally think it is wrong, once you have found a cache there is no fun / adventure / difficulty, to keep going back to it. Also by returning to a cache you know where it is to get a TB, you cut chances of a new visitor to that cache having a legitimate find of a TB. Also it cuts down potential new visitors to a cache who may have went looking for a bug, but it is gone because a cacher who has been there before takes it. I think that finding geocaches should be the main goal and if you get a TB
 when you find a cache, cool bonus. Not find geocaches so you can locate them and rush straight to them when a TB has been placed and grab it.<BR>Just my opinion, IFISHAZ.</FONT> </BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></FONT></DIV><BR><BR><DIV><FONT color=#6633cc>Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes<BR>&nbsp; On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:<BR>"Something hidden.&nbsp; Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --<BR>&nbsp; "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#6633cc></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#6633cc>Rudyard Kipling&nbsp;,&nbsp;&nbsp; The Explorer&nbsp; 1898</FONT></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1034559381-1059769185=:43148--