[Az-Geocaching] My new locationless cache

Mak Smith listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 16:03:36 -0700 (PDT)

--0-740725129-1033686216=:35723

Hello fellow AZ geocachers,

I recently came up with a wonderful and unique idea for a locationless cache called "Sk8r".  I sent in the cache page last night and came online this morning to see that it was rejected by an admin. Here is the page for it:

I thought this would be a great cache because it would give people a chance to visit some nice skate parks. I am not a skateboarder myself, nor have I ever skateboarded in my entire life. But I have seen 2 skate parks at cache sites (Tennis Elbow and Freestone Follies) and I have to admit that it was a nice area.

The cache requires the cacher to take coordinates and a picture of a team member holding a GPS in front of the entrance (with the skatepark in the background) and post them on the cache page. Skate parks are free and open to the public during the hours posted on the website that I give on the cache page.

I would like to know what you all think of this idea and if there is anything that I can change about it, so that I can send in an explanation to the admin about why the cache should be posted.

Thanks,

Frieza

--0-740725129-1033686216=:35723

<P>Hello fellow AZ geocachers,</P>
<P>I recently came up with a wonderful and unique idea for a locationless cache called "Sk8r".&nbsp; I sent in the cache page last night and came online this morning to see that it was rejected by an admin. Here is the page for it:</P>
<P><A href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=38528">http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=38528</A></P>
<P>I thought this would be a great cache because it would give people a chance to visit some nice skate parks. I am not a skateboarder myself, nor have I ever skateboarded in my entire life. But I have seen 2 skate parks at cache sites (Tennis Elbow and Freestone Follies) and I have to admit that it was a nice area.</P>
<P>The cache requires the cacher to take coordinates and a picture of a team member holding a GPS in front of the entrance (with the skatepark in the background) and post them on the cache page. Skate parks are free and open to the public during the hours posted on the website that I give on the cache page.</P>
<P>I would like to know what you all think of this idea and if there is anything that I can change about it, so that I can send in an explanation to the admin about why the cache should be posted.</P>
<P>Thanks,</P>
--0-740725129-1033686216=:35723--