[Az-Geocaching] Geocache etiquette

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:30:59 -0700

--=====================_76635184==_.ALT

At 06:28 PM 3/28/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>   owner discovers the markings there is no permanent damage to the object
> and can be simply removed by peeling the tape off. Another alternative
> would be to use an inexpensive dyno-tape machine to imprint the
> coordinates on the tape and then post it to the object.

I couldn't agree more.  When I placed my now archived "Father Kino" cache,
the first leg was on a chain link fence.  The clues were 2 Brother P-Touch
labels each with a geocaching.com waypoint number on them.  There was
nothing on the label except for the number.  Much of the feedback I got was
people telling me that they missed the clue because they thought it was a
fence ID sticker or something like that.

The nice thing about the P-Touch labels is that I could drive up to the
initial clue and remove them in a matter of seconds.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache

--=====================_76635184==_.ALT

At 06:28 PM 3/28/2002 -0700, you wrote:<br>
owner discovers the markings there is no permanent damage to the object
and can be simply removed by peeling the tape off. Another alternative
would be to use an inexpensive dyno-tape machine to imprint the
coordinates on the tape and then post it to the
I couldn't agree more.&nbsp; When I placed my now archived &quot;Father
Kino&quot; cache, the first leg was on a chain link fence.&nbsp; The
clues were 2 Brother P-Touch labels each with a geocaching.com waypoint
number on them.&nbsp; There was nothing on the label except for the
number.&nbsp; Much of the feedback I got was people telling me that they
missed the clue because they thought it was a fence ID sticker or
something like that.<br><br>
The nice thing about the P-Touch labels is that I could drive up to the
initial clue and remove them in a matter of seconds.<br><br>