[Az-Geocaching] Death of Geocaching

Baja Fleg listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 07 Jun 2002 08:35:59 -0600

So Tim is it ok to hide caches in live electrical boxes?  You appear to have
conveniently left that part out.  Also top of the line GPSr units have
nothing to do with what Loran was suggesting, just more accurate coordinates
on some caches would be nice.  Almost all GPS's made within the last 5 years
are able to be accurate to within +-15 feet.  I've been to a few AZ caches
where the coordinates were off by over 100 feet, I guess that's ok though
right Tim.  If the coordinates were accurate then you wouldn't have to worry
about nearby property owners.

Michael

So let's recap for the viewers at home:

1. Only those of you with top of the line GPSr units should be hiding caches
so that you can provide ultra-accurate coordinates to Loran; he doesn't want
to have to actually look for the cache.

2. Please ensure that there are 99 or less places for Loran to look if it is
an urban cache.

3. Loran cannot refrain from looking in places that he should not be, so
please ensure that all of the snakes, spiders and scorpions in the area
understand how to behave when he comes a-looking for your cache. Also please
obtain waivers from any nearby property owners, warning them of the
likelihood that Loran might stop by (and if he's been looking for a while,
he will be positively peeved)

4. Hide your caches at least 100 miles away from Loran's home coordinates so
we can stop the incessant whining. Loran, please provide your home
coordinates (using a top of the line GPSr and try to minimize the
environmental errors; accuracy, you know) to support this requirement.

Lighten up dude... the heat is getting to you...

Tim
Team AZFastFeet