[Az-Geocaching] Stats question

az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 10:20:50 -0700

I find that sometime the Snaptek stats aren't exactly correct.  I have a
theory.

I have found 88 caches:  63 in AZ, 23 in CA and 2 in SC  (25 not in AZ).

Sometimes the Snaptek stats are correct (showing 25 not in AZ).  Sometimes
the Snaptek stats are incorrect (like now showing 26 not in AZ).

My theory:  The datafarming of stats in AZ only occurs once a day.  But the
total caches done is grabbed from the geocaching site all the time.  If I
enter a new log, it shows up as non-AZ until the website goes and farms all
the specific AZ cache data.

Am I right?  Anyone else noticed this?

-srdrake