[Az-Geocaching] Stats question

Brian Cluff az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 11:11:12 -0700 (MST)

> I have found 88 caches:  63 in AZ, 23 in CA and 2 in SC  (25 not in AZ).
>
> Sometimes the Snaptek stats are correct (showing 25 not in AZ).  Sometimes
> the Snaptek stats are incorrect (like now showing 26 not in AZ).
>
> My theory:  The datafarming of stats in AZ only occurs once a day.  But the
> total caches done is grabbed from the geocaching site all the time.  If I
> enter a new log, it shows up as non-AZ until the website goes and farms all
> the specific AZ cache data.

All the stats should be updated every time it does it's crawl with the
exception of archived caches.  If you just recently made a change on an
archived cache then there with be a slight varience in your actual stats
to what is shown.  The change you made would have had to have been within
the last couple of day because I had to upgrade the archived info for the
new years bug we had.

I plan to get the archived caches updateing once a day or maybe once every
other day fairly soon so that there will only be short amounts of time
where the stats aren't totally correct.  I don't really want to crawl the
archived caches more than that due to the fact that most of the time they
don't change and it's just a wasted of internet for Jeremy and us to do
them any more.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek