Re: [Az-Geocaching] Fire Closures

+ (text/html)
Author: Brian - Team A.I.
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Fire Closures
You have some seriously repressed anger over certain issues in your life, man. Y'know, it is understandable to be frustrated with the fact that a part-time wildland firefighter caused the first fire in order to make some money. If anything, it is a testament to the conditions some Native American tribes face, especially when you consider how one of their chief sources of revenue has operated only a fraction of normal due to lack of snow during the past several winters. It is also understandable to be angry with the woman who started a fire she could not control in order to be rescued from the wilderness she had a significant hand in burning down (yes, she was in a closed area). We could go on and on about the what-ifs and wtf's, but it's over, it's done, it's time to move on.

Then we have the news stories about a FEW firefighters who started a fire at the behest of another, over a money dispute. Ok, I was angry, and embarassed for the departments that are being smeared through the mud due to the actions of a select few. Your previous statement (that triggered this), appears to lump all firefighters in the basket of pyromaniacs, who like to start fires for fun. Even if you were involved in a crash, and you told such a thing to the faces of the 4,8, or even 12 firefighters working to free you from your vehicle so that you may live another day, they would still work just as hard to get you out of that vehicle. Sure, they might be pissed off at what you said, but their job is one of public service. Don't belittle all of them because of the poor decision making on the part of a few.

Brian
Team A.I.