[Az-Geocaching] Sloof Lirpa 4/?

+ (text/html)
Author: Brian - Team A.I.
To: AZ Geocaching
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Sloof Lirpa 4/?
suemac found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
This cache is a big joke. Don't do it, I'm going to report the cache owner to Geocaching.com and ask that they be banned from the web site. What a rip!

I got up early this morning and sat down with my Wheaties at the PC to catch up on the nefga.com forums. What's this new message on the forum? CacheFlorida.com is back in service? Whoa, I can find this new cache and see the grand old site in all its glory? Where do I sign up?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not a cache addict, I can stop at any time. I can. Really, I can. I could stop tomorrow if I wanted to ... I just don't want to. I will admit, though: I miss CacheFlorida - especially the stats. Just when I was about to close in on Clan_Barron and 2LuknF8 (you know they've been faking logs - there's no way they can stay ahead of this caching machine without faking logs - it's not fair, there should be a law or something!) the site went away. Whoa, baby, major withdrawal! Now I have to sit up late at night figuring out how many points I have and whether I've moved up in the standings BY HAND.

So when I see this cache come active, you know I'm going. I figured maybe they had a laptop with a wireless connection or something rigged so cacher could check the CF site again - I mean, what a great idea for a cache! So I threw the kids in the trunk and we headed for Deltona at once - school? we don't need no stinkin' school today! We gotta get to CacheFlorida!

The area of the cache was easy to find - there was wreckage everywhere, yellow tape, huge craters in the ground, red lights everywhere. A SWAT team was holding a couple of huge gerbils at bay with anti-tank missles. No sweat, I've done harder caches than this. Slunk past the cops, around the crater, down in the ditch by the tracks - ah, is that the dull gleam of an ammo can? Eureka! I grab that puppy and pop it open - what? No CacheFlorida? Only a lousy TB and a blood-stained log. I wanted to throw it to the ground and smash it to bits - what a waste of time - but my cache training held and I stabbed my name onto the log and rehid the cache.

You wait, though, Mr CacheMonkeez. No more hiding Evil Micros for height-challenged cachers for you - your days of devious and deceitful cache hiding are over! Wait until THE JEREMY gets you - you will rue this hide!

TNLNSL. Thanks!

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=97d96675-5893-4581-9e38-0c8bf97f1032

Amtraker found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Flew out here as fast as I could (see photo) but couldn't get the FTF. In fact the log book is almost full!

T: Bubble Gum
L: Plastic Explosives

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=f184dc1f-e36b-4a77-960a-809bd4f3a2b5

MJinFL found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/2/2004

Log Date: 4/2/2004
Found this cache tomorrow(Check the date. I'm that good). The map made it look like it was near my house, so I put the coordinates in the ol' GPSr and stepped out the front door to get a good signal. The cache was behind me somewhere...Hmm. Searched for 2 hours before I found it under my couch(no signal in the house, you see). I never knew that national park OR railroad track was there. I bought the house in September and thought it was just noisy pipes! Sorry about the gerbils. I thought they were rats and called Terminix[:o].

And I wanna know which one of you took my beer!!! Carleenp is currently the primary suspect...

And I sure hope that whoever took those equine meds made sure they grabbed the documentation...[xx(]

Took nothing, left everything(it's my house, after all), and it turns out most of you were signing the notepad I keep by the phone...

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=932de9db-4430-4aa8-bc02-bbd696c07cd0

Captain Chaoss posted a note for Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
OK, I hate to complain , and I really hate to have to add to the image of a "sue-happy America", but I have an issue here. I log the cache, I leave a booklet even though I thought I took nothing, and hop in my Jeep to head home.

Not more than 2 miles down the road, I get accosted by a glowing gerbil. This thing was FEROCIOUS ! Not only am I now covered with tiny claw marks, that insane thing tried touching my un-mentionables. Thank goodness the top was down on the Jeep. I siezed the grouuchy little vermin by the nape of his/her (?) neck, which is no easy feat mind you, and sailed him out the back. You think that stops him ? NO ! Like the liquid metal Terminator that Guv' Arnold had to beat down, this crazy thing starts chasing me up the road. Thank goodness for the mods on the engine, and the increased ground clearance provided by Superlift and some Firestone 32's.

Well, I stopped off for a drink to relax my nerves, once the evil spawn of rodent-dom gave up trying to jump into the tailpipe ( of the Jeep ) at 85 miles an hour. Low and behold, there was the infamous CarleenP at the bar. She too seems to be suffering some ill-effects from searching out this cache. Well, after some sound legal advice, *** I AM taking legal action against the railroad for not putting up warning signs about the local "wildlife" they have.

*** SIDENOTE: SOUND LEGAL ADVICE quoted verbatim -
mrph beer shetl in park brds acidic listenrghd meds jink found rotghy gerbil meds grth mro nessyd beer. im dat it pub. send hlp!

Thanks Carleen !

P.S. CarleenP also is in a very impressionable state currently. I convinced her I am more deserving of El Diablo's hiking staff than her mother. [}:)]

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=548800c2-1603-44b9-bdbd-9bb9dde1a328

Team Dakiba found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Purple Jeep, Purple Jeep! We had no problem finding this, the tracks led right to the cache!
TNLN, ran like heck....

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=ee7ffdc3-f21f-4893-a277-b35a73ee888d

TheWidget found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Yup it's still there, just follow the geo-tracks and you'll find it.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=b9cf7970-3f4d-4f37-8657-9034bdf021ba

Pain and Panic found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Well, we have been busted before, but not by a huge crowd! Impossible to be discreet so we just decided to sign the log as fast as possible and then get back on a plane to the West Coast. Great cache, thanks.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=b96bfa8f-610e-43e3-aedf-244b3437946a

Doombot! found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
So we headed for this cache after work today, and the stangest this happend by the tracks. A train came by and it had evil eyes and teeth and a Pokemon riding on top of it. It was a "Doom-train"

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=fdbcdef5-b0f5-4c09-81d1-60b2862c1fd1

Ackidge found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
phew a 5/5. the toughest I've ever done, but with TheWidget's help I managed!

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=cdf22ac0-33dd-4b2b-b313-2821656dd1e1

Team Evil Fish found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Thanks for the cache as I was in doubt if I and the rest of TEF were to continue caching but after getting this we'll continue doing so.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=2687e1fc-e0a3-48c3-ae0f-bf471c60cb55

CondoMax found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
I found it, but you'll be hearing from my lawyer. Whose idea was it to put the live and irritable pygmy rattlesnake in the ammo box? It bit me on the rekcep. Thanks A LOT for the cache!!!

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=41824b39-6441-4708-a669-12857ab755e9

King Boreas found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Took the bubble gum, left a Fifth of Jack.

T F T C

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=ea63fdca-7fa3-4084-9976-89bb4def7f7b

Team Sprocket found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
I was in the neighborhood and just happened to have a pick and shovel with me so, in between dodging the trains, I dug up the cache, took all of the contents and replaced them with exact replicas. I buried the cache a little deeper than I found it.

-- Team Sprocket

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=95229273-bfed-4ecb-bb3c-fa6cee358bb2

Crow T Robot posted a note for Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
This cache will self-destruct in 1 hour.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=a1260002-89c1-407e-825c-290e5fcc6f42

moochie found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
started early this morning...boy, i've done some tough caches in my life but this takes the cake...no wonder overrover didn't attempt this one...finally took this one off the to-do list

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=27a4abe6-c9e3-4e19-b947-70626e57a388

Yorky Lovers found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Afte finishing Da Domb, I spray painted the Moon Suit with a camopaint job and slipped into the park at dusk. eTrex was all over the map but I probed the entire length of the tracks and found it in about 5 mins. Took the expired gerbil, at least I think it was a gerbil, it was pretty dark. Left the Moon suit and a flame thrower (almost empty). The cache is pretty full. Thanks for the hide Cachemonkees.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=4f90249e-aa06-4911-8525-caf3fbedf8c9

Cachefan found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Man, this cache is popular!! First time I had to stand in line to log a cache! Flew in from California this morning on my Concorde Jet (got a great deal on eBay) and followed the geotrail to the cache. Pretty easy to find now even with all the camo techniques being used. Very clever by the way. Never seen body parts, rattlesnakes and gerbils used quite like that. TFTC!

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=8b362cf9-c850-4d9f-995d-c176b603f2d2

Moag Ohana found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
sorry I took so long I didnt have the cash to fly so I jumped on my skateboard and kicked it all the way from Diamond Bar Ca. Boy I am I tired!!! Found it easily with all the visits today.
TNLNDNSL
Mahalo and Aloha
Moag Ohana

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=994d20d1-8fd5-48f0-ab07-3e993ff3ef72

Crow T Robot permanently archived Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
Well, that was fun. Who gets the prize for the best log? And what do you have planned for July 4th?

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=3342f945-b447-4edf-96dd-c3580f53b17b

haraup found Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache) at 4/1/2004

Log Date: 4/1/2004
My GPS got me to the right spot (a long fast trip from Michigan) ... but there was no bridge there, and no apparent cache ... just a lot of messy debris and a yellow tape marked "Police Line-Do Not Cross", so I didn't. Lots of frantic official-types running around. Since I didn't locate the cache, I took nothing and left nothing (oh, yes, there was that little bit of... oh, never mind). But I'm going to claim the cache anyway since I DID get to the right spot.

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=ef1e6f65-5122-4170-a732-62621bc33d55

Brian
Team A.I.