Re: [Az-Geocaching] Y'all might find this interesting

+ (text/html)
Author: Joe Brekke
To: listserv
New-Topics: [Az-Geocaching] How to prevent "rogue" geocachers from viewing your caches
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Y'all might find this interesting
Thanks Steve,

I figured you'd know, I had taken a look at the Phoenix Park and Rec sites and had not found anything prohibiting Geocaching. I had actually seen these posts yesterday, as they were occurring, (clicking on the last 200 finds during some downtime at work), and noted that some of them refered to PMPC or outright the Phoenix Mountain Preserve Council. I did some looking and it appears to me that this is NOT a public agency but is rather a public organization that anyone can join for a $20 fee. They appear to be a stewardship organization who have made the PMP their pet project. While they may be against Geocaching, (or at least frown on it as an activity in the PMP), I have found no grounds for their being able to enact or enforce a ban in the PMP. As you said, that would have to come from the City of Phoenix. Which, unless it has enacted such a ban just recently, does not currently have any policy other than the one you show.

I also had noted today that all of the archive requests had been deleted as well. I had noted the profile as well, and had hoped that geocaching.com would investigate things...hopefully they have. Or it's possible that the Sock-puppet himself went through and deleted all his posts....gee, I wonder who has done something like that a time or two before....but that's just an opinion, I could be wrong.

Joe
TeamBlunder