Re: [Az-Geocaching] Drought and forests

Author: Scott Wood
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Drought and forests
At 06:28 PM 7/1/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm sorry you feel that way, but what do you expect them to do? It's not
>like they have any control over the drought. Closing the forests is about
>the only thing they can do. Even if you could guarantee you wouldn't start
>a fire, if one happens then they have to spend manpower and money to get
>you out. Given budget crises in this state, that's tax money they don't
>have to spare. I've lived here for 33 years, it's a part of Arizona life.
>It's just gotten worse because of the drought situation.

How about telling people that they are going to close it weeks before a
major holiday weekend. Why the need to wait until just a couple days
before the holiday when people have plans?

You are correct about it being part of Arizona life, it is just that I am
having more and more trouble tolerating that life.

Scott

www.myblueheaven.com