RE: [Az-Geocaching] Drought and forests

+ (text/html)
Author: Scott Wood
To: listserv
Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Drought and forests
At 07:07 PM 7/1/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>country, making things worse. Wherever you go there is often the risk of
>natural disasters (excess snow, flooding, drought, etc.), so I think you
>should live wherever makes you happy. Coming from a country that doesn't
>have a desert, I can say that the desert makes me happy. :)

I liked the desert when I first moved here. I didn't move to Tucson by
choice though, and one of the things that always made the hot summers
tolerable was the ability to escape somewhere cooler, even if only for a
day. Because of the drought, we no longer have that ability, and according
to the weather service that drought will probably not end for a number of
years.

My issues with not being able to enjoy the outdoors because of the closures
is really different that my disgust with the Forest Service for the way
that they handled this recent closure. I now have to make different plans
this weekend, since mine changed as of this morning.

Scott

www.myblueheaven.com