Re: [Az-Geocaching] punishment and non crimes

+ (text/html)
Author: Regan Smith
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] punishment and non crimes
I would name names but one of those would be mine,
as of late I have noticed that there has been a very large number of caches that have gone missing or plundered... and as has been mentioned as a cacher who not only finds but hides a cache there is more responsibility to keep a good image...

Just think if a certain cache was checked on in a timely manner after a cacher posting a note, would a concerned volunteer raised such a ruckus? as was mentioned items (read trash) was spread around and a cache container was easily spotted....

and in the preserve, we as cachers have a very good opportunity to remove these caches from the area, (and letting the public know these caches have been moved or archived) I think the preserve is considered to be now a low human intrusion area, what would happen if a plundered cache was found with contents spread about??? or if it was missing and other cacher teams go looking and start rock turning??? or branch breaking??? who would be responsible??

then if you are unable to properly manage a cache turn it over to people who will or archive it, you don't need to move out of state either...

In fact I would love to see a land management contact link on the AZ site, but I doubt a complete list is available, I know of a couple of people that have tried contacting a agency and getting the I have no Idea what you are talking about but that same agency has had caches removed, there are specific people that need contacted....

then on a related tangent at one cache that I now have responsibility over I was shocked by the damage done to the area by the cache, and cachers finding, just like cache in trash out shouldn't we as cachers leave an area better than when we arrived, even at a virtual????