Re: [Az-Geocaching] punishment and non crimes

+ (text/html)
Author: Scott Wood
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] punishment and non crimes
At 08:14 PM 4/4/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>so what should be done when you find a cache that the owner hasn't fixed
>after being plundered? I mean say 2 teams visit the site a week apart both
>stating that the cache is in diss repair or missing and the cache owner
>hasn't responded to any emails or postings to the matter??? then what
>would be appropriate time for fixing a cache???

I don't know if there is a good answer for that. I guess it would have to
be case to case. Let's assume that one of my caches was plundered in late
Jan. I would not have been able to taken care of it until late Feb. since
I was on an unexpected trip to North Idaho for a family crisis. Not only
was I 1500 miles from my cache, but I had terrible internet connectivity
while there, and could hardly check on my e-mail.

Obviously I would want to fix my cache when I arrived back in Tucson, but 1
week would hardly be enough time. On this particular trip, I could have
easily been stuck in Idaho for 6 or 8 weeks instead of the 3.5 I was there.

I just don't know if there is a good answer to this question. Personally,
I don't think that a cache should be allowed to be archived just by a
cacher making a comment to an admin.

Scott

www.myblueheaven.com