[Az-Geocaching] decrypted hints

ShadowAce shadowace.az at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 21:06:28 MST 2007

I can only speak for myself, but I can relay comments from my buddy who just
came through from Hawaii..

  " In Hawaii, where I cache, a hint is a genuine hint designed to help the
cacher if they do not find it without it. "

 He was astounded at the amount of 'Under a Rock' hints when he had nothing
but rocks in 20 ' of any direction from ground zero. He found many of the
hints 'Bring water' 'Log a DNF for a hint' and others of the sort to be
rather insulting, but he also stated he is from Hawaii and is not used to
the "desert style" of caching where the intent is to see how many DNFs you
can get on a single cache.

 Yes, I get very frustrated with the under a rock hints.. Duh its southern
arizona Desert and nothing but rocks for 1/4th a mile from the coordinates?
Ya think?

 -Your cache, your goals.