[Az-Geocaching] AZ has own cache reviewer

Robert & Linda Smith Lrsmith at cableone.net
Sat Jan 8 10:26:57 MST 2005

In my Dictionary of Tropical Fishes by Hans Frey is says in part;

"A constant pH value - reached by acidifying the tanks with the only
inorganic acids which may be used, hydrochloric acid, sulphuric acids,
or phosphoric acid.  The most favorable for doing this is phosphoric
acid.  Use 1/10 grs. of phosphoric acid in 10 ltrs (about 2 1/2 gal.) of
water and add the solution to the water until reaching the desired pH
value.  The water should first stand for 3-4 days after treatment before
using it.  Natural conditions are imitated by filtering with peat moss
(Sphagnum moss) with which one can reach a weak acidification of very
soft water."

If I remember correctly, I used a standard swimming pool pH test set and
some power, don't remember which one, to correct pH if it was not where
I thought it should be.  I raised some fish, 14 or so tanks in San
Diego, but this was 30 or more years ago.

Good luck,
Bob Smith, Prescott, Team Petite Elite