[Az-Geocaching] Yahoo! News Story - Bush Prepares for Possible GPS Shutdown

Brian Casteel bcasteel at uccinc.net
Thu Dec 16 14:51:53 MST 2004

I haven't heard of it, but if I were to venture a guess, I'd say it would
be directly related to the shutdown of the GPS signal in order to increase
the difficulty by which terorists could communicate to coordinate a
strike.  While typing this, I look down at the nifty little plug-in in
Firefox that shows the George W. Bush Idiocy Level (i.e., terror alert put
to reality), and chuckle as I read the status of 'mindless' (yellow) and
look to this as just another way to take freedoms from us in the name of
protection.  Yay.

I don't see citizens band/HAM radios being shutdown in the form of
outlawing them.  State/Federal emergency management agencies conduct
frequent testing of the systems with amateur radio operators to help the
gov't maintain communications in the event that our primary systems are
taken out.

Brian
Team A.I.