[Az-Geocaching] Yahoo! News Story - Bush Prepares for Possible GPS Shutdown

Rand Hardin rhrdn8 at juno.com
Thu Dec 16 14:08:46 MST 2004

>From Rand Hardin:

I believe I heard something about the GPS shutdown on a radio program about a month ago.  I also believe I heard that the operation of Citizen Band Radios and Ham Radios will also be shut down.  I'm curious: Has anyone else heard anything about the operation of these two transmission systems being outlawed?

Rand (RandMan)

>From Barry Neely:

Thursday December 16, 2004 11:42 AM

Geocaches may not be important but a good fishing hole is another matter.  -Barry

>From David Thompsen:

Thursday December 16, 2004 08:59 AM

You know, if we're under terrorist attack, the ability to find geocaches probably ain't real high on my list of priorities at that time anyway.  -David

ORIGINAL MESSAGE AND ARTICLE FROM KEN AKERMAN:

Ken Akerman (a.k.a. Highpointer) (Ken at Highpointer.com) has sent you a news article.

Personal message:

Bush Prepares for Possible GPS Shutdown.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041216/ap_on_go_pr_wh/positi oning_satellites