[Az-Geocaching] Why very few new caches lately in Arizona?

J H/TEAM 360 listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 13:16:48 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1446728058-1063138608=:24131

Yea, great. Just what we need. Like we don't have enough problems with cache pirates and muggles. Lets turn this into a state rivalry now.
This shouldn't be a "Us against Them" thing, come on already.

Ed Philpott <ephilpott@tbirdfurniture.com> wrote:
Maybe we're a quality state not a quantity state
-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com [mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of Ken Akerman
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 12:02 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Why very few new caches lately in Arizona?

I've been looking at the list of new caches, and it appears that there is very little new cache activity in Arizona during the past week.   There have been only two new caches approved in Arizona since Sept. 2, while in Utah there have been 19 new caches approved in the past seven days.

There are many great places to put caches in the high elevations of Arizona.  There are still many regions of the state of Arizona that don't have many caches. I may make one or two new caches and hide them this weekend, potentially near the Mogollon Rim.  Don't complain about the heat in the Phoenix area - the high elevations are less than two hours away and the gasoline is less expensive in towns like Payson and Prescott than it is in Phoenix.

Why does Utah continue to outpace Arizona in cache activity?  Utah has less than half the population of Arizona, yet Utah has 1,893 caches as of today, while Arizona has 1,733 caches.  We really should have more caches than our neighboring state to the north.  (This has always irritated me that Utah has more caches than Arizona.  Why should Utah be a better geocaching state than Arizona?  I would like to challenge Arizona to become the best geocaching state in the USA).

Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)

--0-1446728058-1063138608=:24131

<DIV>Yea, great. Just what we need. Like we don't have enough problems with cache pirates and muggles. Lets turn this into a state rivalry now. </DIV>
<DIV>This shouldn't be a "Us against Them" thing, come on already.<BR><BR><B><I>Ed Philpott &lt;ephilpott@tbirdfurniture.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<DIV><SPAN class=530501819-09092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Maybe we're a quality state not a quantity state</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com [mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Ken Akerman<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, September 09, 2003 12:02 PM<BR><B>To:</B> listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching] Why very few new caches lately in Arizona?<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>I've been looking at the list of new caches, and it appears that there is very little new cache activity in Arizona during the past week.&nbsp;&nbsp; There have been only two new caches approved in Arizona since Sept. 2, while in Utah there have been 19 new caches approved in the past seven days.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>There are many great places to put caches in the high elevations of Arizona.&nbsp; There are still many regions of the state of Arizona that don't have many caches.&nbsp;I may make one or two new caches and hide them this weekend, potentially near the Mogollon Rim.&nbsp; Don't complain about the heat in the Phoenix area - the high elevations are less than two hours away and the gasoline is less expensive in towns like Payson and Prescott than it is in Phoenix.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Why does Utah continue to outpace Arizona in cache activity?&nbsp; Utah has less than half the population of Arizona, yet Utah has 1,893 caches as of today, while Arizona has 1,733 caches.&nbsp; We really should have more caches than our neighboring state to the north.&nbsp; (This has always irritated me that Utah has more caches than Arizona.&nbsp; Why should Utah be a better geocaching state than Arizona?&nbsp; I would like to challenge Arizona to become the best geocaching state in the USA).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Ken</STRONG> (a.k.a. <EM><STRONG>Highpointer</STRONG></EM>)</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1446728058-1063138608=:24131--