[Az-Geocaching] Why very few new caches lately in Arizona?

Ed Philpott listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:20:44 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C376CC.CAB56F80

Maybe we're a quality state not a quantity state
  -----Original Message-----
  From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of Ken
Akerman
  Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 12:02 PM
  To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
  Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Why very few new caches lately in Arizona?

  I've been looking at the list of new caches, and it appears that there is
very little new cache activity in Arizona during the past week.   There have
been only two new caches approved in Arizona since Sept. 2, while in Utah
there have been 19 new caches approved in the past seven days.

  There are many great places to put caches in the high elevations of
Arizona.  There are still many regions of the state of Arizona that don't
have many caches. I may make one or two new caches and hide them this
weekend, potentially near the Mogollon Rim.  Don't complain about the heat
in the Phoenix area - the high elevations are less than two hours away and
the gasoline is less expensive in towns like Payson and Prescott than it is
in Phoenix.

  Why does Utah continue to outpace Arizona in cache activity?  Utah has
less than half the population of Arizona, yet Utah has 1,893 caches as of
today, while Arizona has 1,733 caches.  We really should have more caches
than our neighboring state to the north.  (This has always irritated me that
Utah has more caches than Arizona.  Why should Utah be a better geocaching
state than Arizona?  I would like to challenge Arizona to become the best
geocaching state in the USA).

  Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C376CC.CAB56F80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D530501819-09092003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>Maybe=20
we're a quality state not a quantity state</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>=20
  az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com=20
  [mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]<B>On Behalf Of =
</B>Ken=20
  Akerman<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, September 09, 2003 12:02 =
PM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
  listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching] Why very =
few new=20
  caches lately in Arizona?<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>I've been looking at the list of new caches, and it appears that =
there is=20
  very little new cache activity in Arizona during the past =
week.&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  There have been only two new caches approved in Arizona since Sept. 2, =
while=20
  in Utah there have been 19 new caches approved in the past seven =
days.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>There are many great places to put caches in the high elevations =
of=20
  Arizona.&nbsp; There are still many regions of the state of Arizona =
that don't=20
  have many caches.&nbsp;I may make one or two new caches and hide them =
this=20
  weekend, potentially near the Mogollon Rim.&nbsp; Don't complain about =
the=20
  heat in the Phoenix area - the high elevations are less than two hours =
away=20
  and the gasoline is less expensive in towns like Payson and Prescott =
than it=20
  is in Phoenix.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Why does Utah continue to outpace Arizona in cache =
activity?&nbsp; Utah=20
  has less than half the population of Arizona, yet Utah has 1,893 =
caches as of=20
  today, while Arizona has 1,733 caches.&nbsp; We really should have =
more caches=20
  than our neighboring state to the north.&nbsp; (This has always =
irritated me=20
  that Utah has more caches than Arizona.&nbsp; Why should Utah be a =
better=20
  geocaching state than Arizona?&nbsp; I would like to challenge Arizona =
to=20
  become the best geocaching state in the USA).</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><STRONG>Ken</STRONG> (a.k.a.=20
<EM><STRONG>Highpointer</STRONG></EM>)</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C376CC.CAB56F80--