[Az-Geocaching] Utah USFS Wilderness Areas appear to have geocaches

Ken Akerman listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:16:21 -0700 (PDT)

--0-484087500-1066072581=:84182

I have found geocaches in USFS Wilderness Areas in Utah.  It appears to me that there are fewer restrictions on cache placements in Utah than there is in Arizona.  For example, there is this geocache on the summit of Kings Peak, the highest point of Utah located in the Uintah Mountains Wilderness.  I found this cache on June 30, 2003.

There is a newer cache atop Gilbert Peak, the second highest point of Utah, established Aug. 12, 2003.  This peak is also in the Uintah Mountains Wilderness.

It appears to me that more caches like these should be encouraged, like it appears to me to be the case in Utah, than prohibited or restricted, as it appears to be the case in Arizona.

Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)

--0-484087500-1066072581=:84182

<DIV>I have found geocaches in USFS Wilderness Areas in Utah.&nbsp; It appears to me that there are fewer restrictions on cache placements in Utah than there is in Arizona.&nbsp; For example, there is <A href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=3a835fcc-ff0d-4d32-9ed1-2a831678a627">this geocache</A> on the summit of Kings Peak, the highest point of Utah located in the Uintah Mountains Wilderness.&nbsp; I found this cache on June 30, 2003.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>There is a <A href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=fe186ae7-ed8c-4909-8325-f6ab4572e843">newer cache atop Gilbert Peak</A>, the second highest point of Utah, established Aug. 12, 2003.&nbsp; This peak is also in the Uintah Mountains Wilderness.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It appears to me that more caches like these should be encouraged, like it appears to me to be the case in Utah, than prohibited or restricted, as it appears to be the case in Arizona.</DIV>
<DIV><BR><STRONG>Ken</STRONG> (a.k.a. <STRONG><EM>Highpointer</EM></STRONG>)</DIV>
--0-484087500-1066072581=:84182--