[Az-Geocaching] more restrictions for cache approvals?

Gale Draper listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 19:03:07 -0700 (PDT)

--0-869597304-1065232987=:21120

Apparently there is a new requirement when submitting a cache. There is a new part you have to fill out. As one of the approvers posted today:

Note to Reviewer
In order to expedite your new cache approval, please provide any details for the cache listing, such as final coordinates for a MultiCache, _whether you received permission_, or a description of the item for a virtual cache. The reviewer will delete this note before approving your listing.

A question was asked: When someone answers No, will the cache be approved?

Keystone approver's response:

First, there are many land managers with permit systems. In the note to reviewer field the hider could say "I've applied for my permit from the State Park; please hold this cache until the permit is issued. I will e-mail you when this happens." Or, "I know this cache is on private property but it is my church and I have permission from the pastor." Or, "The principal and the security guard at our school know about the cache that our third grade class hid back in the woods, and we have permission for it."

I hope that these examples are helpful illustrations. The guidelines for hiding a cache state that Geocaching.com assumes that you have permission for every cache placement, as this is the cache hider's responsibility. But in cases like the ones above, we want to be extra sure.

So I guess it is going to be that much more restrictive to place a geocache in the future. I can understand their viewpoint, but this is beginning to be overkill. I had a few more caches planned, but honestly, they are starting to take the fun out of geocaching.

--0-869597304-1065232987=:21120

<DIV>Apparently there is a new requirement when submitting a cache. There is a new part you have to fill out. As one of the approvers posted today:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#40007f>Note to Reviewer<BR>In order to expedite your new cache approval, please provide any details for the cache listing, such as final coordinates for a MultiCache, <B>_whether you received permission_,</B> or a description of the item for a virtual cache. The reviewer will delete this note before approving your listing.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>A question was asked: When someone answers No, will the cache be approved?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Keystone approver's response:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#40007f>First, there are many land managers with permit systems. In the note to reviewer field the hider could say "I've applied for my permit from the State Park; please hold this cache until the permit is issued. I will e-mail you when this happens." Or, "I know this cache is on private property but it is my church and I have permission from the pastor." Or, "The principal and the security guard at our school know about the cache that our third grade class hid back in the woods, and we have permission for it."<BR><BR>I hope that these examples are helpful illustrations. The guidelines for hiding a cache state that Geocaching.com assumes that you have permission for every cache placement, as this is the cache hider's responsibility. But in cases like the ones above, we want to be extra sure.<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT>
<DIV>So I guess it is going to be that much more restrictive to place a geocache in the future. I can understand their viewpoint, but this is beginning to be overkill. I had a few more caches planned, but honestly, they are starting to take the fun out of geocaching.</DIV></FONT></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-869597304-1065232987=:21120--