[Az-Geocaching] Caches, more or less...

J H/TEAM 360 listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:28:13 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1038149586-1065122893=:97759

> What? What need is there for more caches of any
> kind, in any location? Yeah, you're right: I can't
> see any from my office window... The notion that
> places NEED geocaches is absurd. (This sort of
> mentality is what was behind the Crusades; we all
> know how popular they turned out to be...) Tonto
> National Forest, e.g., no more needs a geocache than
> it "needs" a farking WalMart.

This is uncalled for. It's just as bad as getting all
hot and bothered about saying 'most' geocachers feel
this way or that.
Are you saying that there are enough geocaches out
there now that we don't NEED to place anymore? If so,
the game will die an early death. The game is about
placing and finding caches. Once you've found all of
the ones in your local area, you have to expand your
area, or more caches NEED to be placed.

=====
FriarED

_______________________________________

An easy solution that would accomodate BOTH parties here would be to retrieve and archive older caches that don't hardly ever get visited anymore, replacing it with a new cache in a different location...look-no more geotrash generated, and a new idea for a cache in a fresh location to go out and find! Less damage to the environment! Voila! It shouldn't be a contest to make our state #1 with the most caches...

But of course, you will get the people who say "Oh, let the cache continue for as long as it can, until the ammo can turns to dust, if necessary". That's good thinking, leave it out there so only 1 person a year can go find it.

Face it, after about 6 months, cache visits drop off to almost nothing, it would be better (IMHO) to change them over this way.

--0-1038149586-1065122893=:97759

<DIV><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<P>&gt; What? What need is there for more caches of any<BR>&gt; kind, in any location? Yeah, you're right: I can't<BR>&gt; see any from my office window... The notion that<BR>&gt; places NEED geocaches is absurd. (This sort of<BR>&gt; mentality is what was behind the Crusades; we all<BR>&gt; know how popular they turned out to be...) Tonto<BR>&gt; National Forest, e.g., no more needs a geocache than<BR>&gt; it "needs" a farking WalMart.<BR><BR>This is uncalled for. It's just as bad as getting all<BR>hot and bothered about saying 'most' geocachers feel<BR>this way or that.<BR>Are you saying that there are enough geocaches out<BR>there now that we don't NEED to place anymore? If so,<BR>the game will die an early death. The game is about<BR>placing and finding caches. Once you've found all of<BR>the ones in your local area, you have to expand your<BR>area, or more caches NEED to be placed. <BR><BR>=====<BR>FriarED<BR><BR>_______________________________________<BR></P>
<P><STRONG><FONT color=#ff0000>An easy solution that would accomodate BOTH parties here would be to retrieve and archive older caches that don't hardly ever get visited anymore, replacing it with a new cache in a different location...look-no more geotrash generated, and a new idea for a cache in a&nbsp;fresh location to go out and find! Less damage to the environment! Voila!&nbsp;It shouldn't be a contest to make our state #1 with the most caches...</FONT></STRONG></P>
<P><STRONG><FONT color=#ff0000>But of course, you will get the people who say "Oh, let the cache continue for as long as it can, until the ammo can turns to dust, if necessary". That's good thinking, leave it out there so only 1 person a year can go find it.</FONT></STRONG></P>
<P><STRONG><FONT color=#ff0000>Face it, after about 6 months, cache visits drop off to almost nothing, it would be better (IMHO) to change them over this way.</FONT></STRONG></P></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1038149586-1065122893=:97759--