[Az-Geocaching] Caches, more or less...

Brian Casteel listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:38:24 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C388E2.11E395E0

But of course, you will get the people who say "Oh, let the cache =
continue for as long as it can, until the ammo can turns to dust, if =
necessary". That's good thinking, leave it out there so only 1 person a =
year can go find it.

To that 1 person, it could be a very special find, and just the type =
that they want to seek out.  Why should all caches be simple urban =
micros, or hikes of .25-miles or less?  Rural caches are visited less =
frequently for the very location they've been hidden....RURAL areas.  In =
Wyoming there were a series of caches I never got the chance to visit =
because I didn't have access to a 4x4 that got decent mileage (meaning =
more than the 6mpg this old Blazer was getting).  These caches had one =
visit each in over a year.  Why?  Because they're remote and somewhat =
difficult to get to, but the area was absolutely beautiful from pictures =
I've seen.  I hardly feel those should be archived due to lack of =
visits, and if I'm up there next summer, I'll make the 100 mile drive =
just for those 6 caches.  There's a double 300-foot waterfall just up =
the way from one of them, and I'd have never known that if it wasn't for =
these caches I looked up.

Geocaching has something for everyone, and part of that everyone are =
cachers who shun urban Altoids acid containers in favor of those long, =
difficult hikes that are rarely visited.  A cache I'm looking at placing =
soon will probably go at least 2-3 months without a find because it's =
going to be extremely remote, but following a pretty cool theme.

Brian
Team A.I.
------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C388E2.11E395E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<P><STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff0000></FONT></STRONG></P>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff0000>But of course, you will get the =
people who say=20
"Oh, let the cache continue for as long as it can, until the ammo can =
turns to=20
dust, if necessary". That's good thinking, leave it out there so only 1 =
person a=20
year can go find it.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff0000></FONT></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>To that 1 person, it could be a very special find, and just the =
type that=20
they want to seek out.&nbsp; Why should all caches be simple urban =
micros, or=20
hikes of .25-miles or less?&nbsp; Rural caches are visited less =
frequently for=20
the very location they've been hidden....RURAL areas.&nbsp; In Wyoming =
there=20
were a series of caches I never got the chance to visit because I didn't =
have=20
access to a 4x4 that got decent mileage (meaning more than the 6mpg this =
old=20
Blazer was getting).&nbsp; These caches had one visit each in over a =
year.&nbsp;=20
Why?&nbsp; Because they're remote and somewhat difficult to get to, but =
the area=20
was absolutely beautiful from pictures I've seen.&nbsp; I hardly feel =
those=20
should be archived due to lack of visits, and if I'm up there next =
summer, I'll=20
make the 100 mile drive just for those 6 caches.&nbsp; There's a double =
300-foot=20
waterfall just up the way from one of them, and I'd have never known =
that if it=20
wasn't for these caches I looked up.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Geocaching has something for everyone, =
and part of=20
that everyone are cachers who shun urban Altoids acid containers in =
favor of=20
those long, difficult hikes that are rarely visited.&nbsp; A cache I'm =
looking=20
at placing soon will probably go at least 2-3 months without a find =
because it's=20
going to be extremely remote, but following a pretty cool =
theme.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Brian<BR>Team =
A.I.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C388E2.11E395E0--