[Az-Geocaching] adios

Larry H listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 11:14:14 -0700 (PDT)

> > There is a definite need for more geocaches in
> > places farther away from cities.
>

> What?  What need is there for more caches of any
> kind, in any location?  Yeah, you're right: I can't
> see any from my office window...  The notion that
> places NEED geocaches is absurd.  (This sort of
> mentality is what was behind the Crusades; we all
> know how popular they turned out to be...)  Tonto
> National Forest, e.g., no more needs a geocache than
> it "needs" a farking WalMart.

This is uncalled for. It's just as bad as getting all
hot and bothered about saying 'most' geocachers feel
this way or that.
Are you saying that there are enough geocaches out
there now that we don't NEED to place anymore? If so,
the game will die an early death. The game is about
placing and finding caches. Once you've found all of
the ones in your local area, you have to expand your
area, or more caches NEED to be placed.

=====
FriarED