[Az-Geocaching] adios

shan in az listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:56:47 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1865764203-1065117407=:7132

> There is a definite need for more geocaches in places farther away from cities.

What?  What need is there for more caches of any kind, in any location?  Yeah, you're right: I can't see any from my office window...  The notion that places NEED geocaches is absurd.  (This sort of mentality is what was behind the Crusades; we all know how popular they turned out to be...)  Tonto National Forest, e.g., no more needs a geocache than it "needs" a farking WalMart.

Ken Akerman <ken@highpointer.com> wrote:What is wrong with vacation caches, when you are placing a cache in a remote area where there are no active geocachers living nearby?  If the cache is a good quality cache, in a durable, airtight container like an ammo can, and located in a remote area, then it  will likely not need to be "maintained."  There is a definite need for more geocaches in places farther away from cities.

Without geocachers placing some "vacation" caches, then some parts of the USA and other parts of the world will have few or no caches.

Ken Akerman (a.k.a. Highpointer)

--0-1865764203-1065117407=:7132

<DIV>
<DIV>&gt; There is a definite need for more geocaches in places farther away from cities.&nbsp; <BR></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>What?&nbsp; What <STRONG><EM>need </EM></STRONG>is there for more caches of any kind, in any location?&nbsp; Yeah, you're right: I can't see any from my office window...&nbsp; The notion that places <EM><STRONG>NEED</STRONG></EM> geocaches is absurd.&nbsp; (This sort of mentality is what was behind the Crusades; we all know how popular they turned out to be...)&nbsp; Tonto National Forest, e.g., no more <EM><STRONG>needs</STRONG></EM> a geocache than it "<STRONG><EM>needs"</EM></STRONG> a farking WalMart.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><BR><BR><B><I>Ken Akerman &lt;ken@highpointer.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<DIV>What is wrong with vacation caches, when you are placing a cache in a remote area where there are no active geocachers living nearby?&nbsp; If the cache is a good quality cache, in a durable, airtight container like an ammo can, and located in a remote area, then it&nbsp; will likely not need to be "maintained."&nbsp; There is a definite need for more geocaches in places farther away from cities.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Without geocachers placing some "vacation" caches, then some parts of the USA and other parts of the world will have few or no caches.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Ken Akerman</STRONG> (a.k.a. <STRONG><EM>Highpointer</EM></STRONG>)<BR></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1865764203-1065117407=:7132--